Haykal Media Group is looking for an Editor-in-Chief of Popular Science Arabia, its science magazine and website.
About the Company:
Haykal Media Group is the publisher of leading Arabic titles including Harvard Business Review Arabia, MIT Technology Review Arabia, Popular Science Arabia, and Aliqtisadi.com. The company has a unique position as a provider of knowledge and information in the Arabic language both online and offline.
About the Role:
The ideal applicant is an excellent editor, a hands-on reporter, and a voracious science junkie with a proven track record of strong leadership skills. The right applicant will have a clear, long-term vision for growing the audiences of Popular Science Arabia and Haykal Media Group.
As Editor-in-Chief, you should have:
– Full-command of both Arabic and English, in the written and spoken forms.
– Strong belief and commitment to making high-quality content available in the Arabic language.
– Excellent, demonstrable digital and online understanding and skills.
– A meticulous eye for details both in content quality and style.
– At least 3-5 years of editorial and management experience
– Strong leadership skills with a proven history of managing a team.
– A unique and strong vision for covering and curating science content.
– Deep, applied understanding of how to use visual and audio journalism, digital video, and social media to enhance storytelling.
– Excellent interpersonal and collaborative problem-solving skills.
Prospective candidates should apply to email@example.com with their resume, a compelling cover letter explaining why you are Popular Science Arabia’s next editor-in-chief and a memo that shares your vision for the magazine and the website going forward.